A Cape winelands guest house in the heart of Paarl, Roggeland is an exclusive Country Guest House, offering a warm welcome with true Cape hospitality in a tranquil wine country atmosphere. Transformed into a sanctuary of relaxation and great comfort, the visitor can expect to be pampered in this haven encircled by the natural beauty of the Cape winelands and peaceful splendour.
An eighteenth-century Cape Dutch masterpiece, the farmhouse of Roggeland is a national monument, featuring a variety of original
features, exposed Yellowood beam and reed ceilings, thatch, antique furniture and art.
Surrounded by the blue purple Drakenstein Mountains, this Paarl guest house is an ideal country setting to relax and unwind with spectacular vistas of majestic mountains.
Playing a game of golf, viewing a flock of flamingoes or pelicans at the world acclaimed bird sanctuary, horse riding on a scenic trail… these are just some of our leisure options.
- Catch a tan next to the pool, visit the nearby rose farms or stroll through Paarl – one of the oldest towns in South Africa – with its wealth of historic buildings and glistening granite mountain.
- Spend a day in the mountains swimming in clear mountain water rock pools and relaxing with a picnic basket.
- Try fly or fresh water fishing in one of the numerous pristine fishing spots in the mountains that are in close proximity to the Guest House or launch a canoe on the scenic Breede River.
- Drive to the Bushman paintings on the West Coast.
- Go horse riding through the fynbos and vineyards in the mountains either in the early morning or having sundowners during the ride in the evening.
- Visit the West Coast with its unspoilt natural beauty highlighted by its display of flowers and birdlife in the West Coast National reserve and enjoy a seafood barbeque on the beach.
We will be happy to advise you on these and other day-trip ideas or answering any queries you may have about Roggeland Country House and the services we offer.
The members of the family are always happy to supply maps and advise you each morning on these or other day-trip ideas.